2021 MMA Tycoon Award Winners

saklain

Look folks, what this comes down to is simple and this is my perspective on things at least.  Is it nice to maybe be able to put up a little "award" thing on your page or something for an "of the Year 2021" or whatever, sure, absolutely!  But overall, in the grand scheme of things, none of this is worth any bad blood or feuds or any other lasting hurt feelings.  Don't get me wrong, if it motivates some and creates some drive for the coming year, awesome!  A little motivation is never bad and some good natured rivalries definitely aren't...it's a fighting game!  

But ultimately, if you're getting mentioned along with the top three or something in any category, you know you've done a great job.  And that's flattering.  You've contributed to the game in positive ways and it's not just a participation award or mention at that point...without your involvement the game would be cheaper, shallower, not what it is now, much less.  If you're running a really good org, and you think you might be, people know it.  And you are.  If you're doing a great job writing and contributing content, trust me, people know it!  And appreciate it.  Are you the guy who brought something back from next to nothing and turned it around completely, running businesses the best they can be and doing great things for the game and all those who don't have the time to be that involved?  Hell yeah people know!  

The fact that there was this much back and forth and arguing cases and such, means we've got some great things going!  So congrats on 2021, congrats to the winners...and like I said, bring on 2022...let's get some!  Yuh!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

Here is what I voted on. Missing are the ones I had to abstain from, ones I wasn't online for and got sorted before, and ones I couldnt find quickly looking through discord. Scrutinize away.

170lbs Fighter of the Year - Krison

185lbs Fighter of the Year - Papa

265lbs Fighter of the Year - Kilo

Fighter of the Year - Kilo

Fight Character of the Year - Noel Diaz

KO of the Year - Donald Trump

Submission of the Year - Auric Gallahad (TDPW winning automatically is boring)

New Manager of the Year - Scott Bandz

Breakthrough Manager of the Year - Optimal

Manager of the Year - CK

CEO of the Year - Kstacks

Unrestricted Org of the Year - Combate

Alliance of the Year - Yabai

Company of the Year - Conquer

Writer of the Year - Hec

Poster of the Year

1636837634SYN_851_B.gif

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alfred said:

So Sucker Punch WERE in the restricted category that Highland won instead? Highland, the org with the owner on the committee? (nothing against Callum, I like him)

Wow. Seems like if anyone should be a little peeved this year it's Hare as he seems to have missed out on not one but two awards? 

Would you not agree Saklain?

I was very confused to see Hec win writer of the year (Like Hec a lot. He is awesome peoples) after you messaged me asking for my opinion between the two as you were tied. My exact words were "both good writers but I think Hare's consistency and volume puts him ahead"

I do like that the two you mention are the ones that caused the most anarchy though. I had to leave the chat over the Highland Vs SPPS discussion. It wasnt so much who votes for what, but my vote was going to give it to SPPS so a discussion about abstaining from voting if your org/fighter is involved was brought up. I stayed out of it and kstacks was brought in as the tie breaker.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, clydebankblitz said:

I do like that the two you mention are the ones that caused the most anarchy though. 

Btw, not gonna lie though here!  Friggin' love the way you put that Callum!  Being that we call ourselves "Sucker Punch", I can't tell you how much I love that we seem to have been involved in a bunch of chaos and anarchy!  LOL!!! 🤣

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Bleakardor said:

Yeah.. I got heated in that one too.. I was very pro SPPS and had to walk away from the computer.  But.. it is what it is.  I was only 1/7th of the vote.  And the outside element was used to vote the tie breaker on that one.  

Yeah Outlaw was scrapping.

3 minutes ago, HareRumpler said:

Btw, not gonna lie though here!  Friggin' love the way you put that Callum!  Being that we call ourselves "Sucker Punch", I can't tell you how much I love that we seem to have been involved in a bunch of chaos and anarchy!  LOL!!! 🤣

Yeah man it was a war. It was cause I originally voted SPPS as we hadn't discussed what happens if you have a company in the convo. Abstaining from votes and what not wasn't mentioned. After that one, the rules were discussed to make my vote not count. That convo was a WAR haha. I just watched from the sidelines.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, bjornmma1 said:

15848838896471.jpg
Paddy "360°" Mcgillicutty
7-1-0
202 p4p

(Owner and manager of Paddy's Enhancing Drugs)
image.png.55c32f7b74953d56ce6e492f7412d2d5.png

Boy oh boy, this thread is on fire!

PS: I would sincerely like to thank absolutely nobody for picking Nobody Diaz as character of the year.
Who on earth was on that committee? Oh...

#PaddyForPresident2022

I was between Diaz, Remi and Paddy in my vote. But I constantly see people talk about Noel's upcoming fights in discord, in mail, in the forum, even when I'm not included. Some guys basically "follow him" at this rate. So that was the difference maker for me.

EDIT: I'll also add in that I didn't vote Diaz for the "fighter of the year" award that he also won because I don't really look at Highland in a "whole game rankings" context.

• Like 2

Appreciate some of you guys giving an insight into your thought process but it still doesn't change the fact that some of you are basically Cecil Peoples. 

By any and all metric conceivable, SYN is the number one org and it's not really close. Even if you could argue that it was close, SYN is still clearly #1. How any of you voted for Combate over them is bizarre. The fact that Darren can't even bring himself to say that he believes Combate deserves the award over SYN says it all. 

There are other questionable awards here and they all seem to have been won by those on the committee. Whilst I'm sure that it's all just coincidence and not skullduggery of epic proportions, you'll forgive anyone who does think it's a little suspect. 

I said it before and I'll say it again. Committee is not good. It is certainly not better than the voting system that has been in place for ages. It clearly hasn't stopped any arguments and ill feeling. But, at least with the voting, we could see any shenanigans happening in real time. It is also way more fun and interactive for everyone interested in the awards than waiting for a bunch of bozos to go and pick their favourites. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Alfred said:

Appreciate some of you guys giving an insight into your thought process but it still doesn't change the fact that some of you are basically Cecil Peoples. 

By any and all metric conceivable, SYN is the number one org and it's not really close. Even if you could argue that it was close, SYN is still clearly #1. How any of you voted for Combate over them is bizarre. The fact that Darren can't even bring himself to say that he believes Combate deserves the award over SYN says it all. 

There are other questionable awards here and they all seem to have been won by those on the committee. Whilst I'm sure that it's all just coincidence and not skullduggery of epic proportions, you'll forgive anyone who does think it's a little suspect. 

I said it before and I'll say it again. Committee is not good. It is certainly not better than the voting system that has been in place for ages. It clearly hasn't stopped any arguments and ill feeling. But, at least with the voting, we could see any shenanigans happening in real time. It is also way more fun and interactive for everyone interested in the awards than waiting for a bunch of bozos to go and pick their favourites. 

Even if it doesn’t look good, I can assure you that we debated every award to shit which is why it’s 20th Jan and the results are only coming out now.

….apart from the financial offering I received to not vote Syn org of the year 

• Like 1

Well, again.. I would be fore the vote.  Always have had that stance.  I thought being on the committee could help keep things honorable and fair, but when you only have one vote, all you can control is that one vote.

With that said, the shit is done and there's nothing we can do about it this year.  Congratz to the winners, rather they or others feel it justified or not.  Nobody can take that away from you now.  We can hope to learn and grow from this as a community and as individuals.  But as recent years have shown us, no matter what the outcome, you can't make everyone happy and several are going to complain about the results.

So here's to a hopeful 2022 and that we find a way to make less people unhappy with the results of the yearly awards or system used to choose them.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Alfred said:

I've spoke to Kstacks a bunch about it but I'll give my reason. I'll start by narrowing it to a top 3 for me; Syn, SFL and Combate.

For almost half a year, Syn was cheating. We all know that. It's not speculation. Kstacks is the first to tell you how horrible the org was, and how much cheating was going on. We're not voting on kstacks here, we're voting on Syn alone. So up until what, May? Syn was cheating. To me, that starts it off at like -100,000 points. It's already as low as it can be. Kstacks can come in and do absolutely INCREDIBLE things...and it'll still end up in the minus points for me. For half a year it was cheating. That's not only not org of the year imo, that's just straight up DQed.

Now you gotta add back in kstacks. This dude won CEO of the year and not org of the year. That's a testament to what he's done throughout his time with Syn. When you add back in Hare, me, Optimal (does he run Dynasty) etc. etc., Kstacks still came out on top.

So to me, I was left with SFL or Combate. I'd probably be very split on these. Apparently I shouldn't be, but as an outsider, they seemed pretty close. The biggest difference for me was while it was funny, gulag is gulag lmao. Add in the, ehhh, 'questionable' poster and title combo, and it put Combate on top for me.

I've already talked to kstacks about that before the award committee even kicked off though. If he gets CEO of the year and not org of the year, that just shows the respect he had. It was a fucking clean sweep too. TOOOOTALLY not annoyed by it at all. TOOOOOTALLY don't think kstacks robbed me of it, but regardless haha.

But yeah I'm not trying to like "defend myself" or any of that bollocks. But if there's anyone with a question about why someone might vote a certain way, I've got nothing to hide on it and I'd be happy to say.

@Alfred

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Bleakardor said:

Well, again.. I would be fore the vote.  Always have had that stance.  I thought being on the committee could help keep things honorable and fair, but when you only have one vote, all you can control is that one vote.

With that said, the shit is done and there's nothing we can do about it this year.  Congratz to the winners, rather they or others feel it justified or not.  Nobody can take that away from you now.  We can hope to learn and grow from this as a community and as individuals.  But as recent years have shown us, no matter what the outcome, you can't make everyone happy and several are going to complain about the results.

So here's to a hopeful 2022 and that we find a way to make less people unhappy with the results of the yearly awards or system used to choose them.

Nominate the committee damnit!

18 minutes ago, Rambo said:

committee was rigged against the goat

should have more awards

(KOTY, 205 fighter of the year, org of the year)

#1 gulag victim and woke warrior clyde on jury duty. I feel like poor black man on trial in Birmingham Alabama in the '50s.

who picked this commitee?

Real reason was because you dont mean Island fighters.

Imo its obvious syn deserved the award almost as obvious as kilo. And why is it that people keep saying "if you aren't happy with the committee than you should have joined it yourself." What if we dont agree if the idea of a committee to begin with. We all should just vote and if u see a bunch of new accounts voting on shit then just dont count those votes. These awards are more of a joke than last year 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, TJMitchell said:

Committee is done moving forward. Even though the OG 2020 Award committee was a bunch gigachads and the coolest committee ever we're going back to a voting system. The committee was brought in to solve a problem that I honestly don't see happening as much anymore.

Now that Camaras "taekwondo model playboy" account is gone and he is playing under some "white nerd living in nanas basement" account, I doubt we'll see the same fuckery again.