Christmas Day Massacre

Alfred

In the interest of keeping things fun, fresh and the ID ticking along, I figure best way to do this is by pumping out tournaments. 

This will be a creation tournament for 25 year olds in the 170lbs division. MMA Rules (3x5, 10 point must, In a cage etc)

The format is simple. From the 1st December all the way up until Christmas Day (25th December) there will be a fight every other day. 13 unlucky rounds to win the prize. 

1st Place = 6 Million T$

2nd Place = 3 Million T$

3rd Place = 1 Million T$

It will be Swiss format (any of you AWC remember that fun time?) done on challonge which I still don't really understand but basically it all makes sense and is a fair way of deciding a winner from a group without everyone having to face each other. 

This means likely fighting injured and cut but the upside is that with only 1 day in-between fights everyone will most likely be in the same boat. 

Hope this all makes sense but in a nutshell...

Creation Tournament. 25 YEAR OLDS. 170lbs. MMA. 13 Rounds. Fight every OTHER day. Winner of Swizz League win Prize. 

Looking for a maximum of 20 participants but can work with any even amount under that. 

Creation will be Sunday 19th November. Training/Testing allowed but would like everyone signed by Sunday 26th November (1 Week) to give me time to set up the tournament. Fighters MUST be 170lbs at creation (for weight cutting purposes)

Any questions please ask. 

Entries open now!

• Upvote 4

Participants

1. Paul Nichols (Alfred Winterbottom)

2. Gordon Hunter (Rei)

3. Jokubas Antukis (Jersey Inc)

4. Sean Faolin (Jimmy Normal)

5. Daroshev Faroshev (Johnny The Gunt)

6. Stanley Reynolds (Scottie 2 Hottie)

7. Anwar Hussin (Da Crazy Horse)

8. Freaky Fister (Freaky Phantom)

9. Tarquin Doomwood (Bob Slay)

10. Bernardo Cabral (John Pezao)

11. Mateusz Kieliszkowski (Ben Hornby)

12. Mauricio Nunes (Rodrigo Ferriera)

13. Mr Torso (Tycoon Judas)

14. Jersey Turnpike (Rush Greyson)

15. Santino Oliviera (Todd Westacott)

16. River Waters (Thomas Edwards)

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Jersey said:

One big question I have is... Is everybody actually gonna stick through it if their fighter is the guy looking at 0-13?  

Well, the answer is simple. There will be a Christ like Crucifixion death to who does not stick it through! Usually keeps everyone hanging in there. I went 0-17 once in a Tournament in my early days of Tycooning it becomes comical after the first ten L's

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, The1rstSaint said:

Well, the answer is simple. There will be a Christ like Crucifixion death to who does not stick it through! Usually keeps everyone hanging in there. I went 0-17 once in a Tournament in my early days of Tycooning it becomes comical after the first ten L's

Just a suggestion but what if you had to leave a deposit in Tycoon bucks to enter? If you stick it out till the end you get your deposit back.... If you sack your fighter before the tourney ends then your deposit gets added to the prize pool.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, CelticStryder said:

Just a suggestion but what if you had to leave a deposit in Tycoon bucks to enter? If you stick it out till the end you get your deposit back.... If you sack your fighter before the tourney ends then your deposit gets added to the prize pool.

Not my tournament so that suggestion should be sent to @Alfred

if I had to vote on that I would personally vote against it though. I like the idea of forcing a manager to stick out the Misery or get gooder at it.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, The1rstSaint said:

Not my tournament so that suggestion should be sent to @Alfred

if I had to vote on that I would personally vote against it though. I like the idea of forcing a manager to stick out the Misery or get gooder at it.

No Pain, no Gain.

If you can't handle the hurt of being the nail you don't deserve the fun of being the hammer.

And by saying that I've probably damned myself to lose every fight but C'est La Vie.

• Upvote 2

Let's be honest, someone has to go 0-13 and it could be.....YOU (or me lol)

I would hope everyone who enters would be honourable enough to stick it out even if they're getting hammered but I've run enough tournaments now to know there's not much you can do if someone conveniently didn't understand the rules all of a sudden and rage sacks. It's not always newbies either. Plenty of vets have suffered bouts of "confusion" after a losing streak so I'll just cross my fingers. 

In theory I like the idea of a deposit that you don't get back if you bail but in practice I can't be arsed to chase people for money. I'd rather just keep things easy going as this is just supposed to be a fun, little throwaway tournament to keep us busy and entertained. Ideal tournament for those that want more to do in game (fight every other day) and not recommended if you're aiming for the #1 manager spot during this. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Alfred said:

Let's be honest, someone has to go 0-13 and it could be.....YOU (or me lol)

I would hope everyone who enters would be honourable enough to stick it out even if they're getting hammered but I've run enough tournaments now to know there's not much you can do if someone conveniently didn't understand the rules all of a sudden and rage sacks. It's not always newbies either. Plenty of vets have suffered bouts of "confusion" after a losing streak so I'll just cross my fingers. 

In theory I like the idea of a deposit that you don't get back if you bail but in practice I can't be arsed to chase people for money. I'd rather just keep things easy going as this is just supposed to be a fun, little throwaway tournament to keep us busy and entertained. Ideal tournament for those that want more to do in game (fight every other day) and not recommended if you're aiming for the #1 manager spot during this. 

Someone brought up the idea of an entry fee before. It was as well received as a dose of the clap. Let’s just go and spare the remnants of your sanity my good man. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, The1rstSaint said:

That's how I feel.  Like if I'm gonna lose big, I'm gonna lose BIG.  Gotta have fun with it.  I kind of posted that more as a warning to any newer managers that might not fully understand the format of the tournament.  Even if your fighter is badass, in a tournament like this, 0-13 is a very real possibility.

• Upvote 2