Christmas Day Massacre

Alfred

On 11/9/2023 at 7:25 PM, Alfred said:

Let's be honest, someone has to go 0-13 and it could be.....YOU (or me lol)

I would hope everyone who enters would be honourable enough to stick it out even if they're getting hammered but I've run enough tournaments now to know there's not much you can do if someone conveniently didn't understand the rules all of a sudden and rage sacks. It's not always newbies either. Plenty of vets have suffered bouts of "confusion" after a losing streak so I'll just cross my fingers. 

In theory I like the idea of a deposit that you don't get back if you bail but in practice I can't be arsed to chase people for money. I'd rather just keep things easy going as this is just supposed to be a fun, little throwaway tournament to keep us busy and entertained. Ideal tournament for those that want more to do in game (fight every other day) and not recommended if you're aiming for the #1 manager spot during this. 

Well I don't think I am in danger of hitting #1 anytime soon so I am in either way. LOL

• Upvote 2

On 11/9/2023 at 7:25 PM, Alfred said:

Let's be honest, someone has to go 0-13 and it could be.....YOU (or me lol)

I would hope everyone who enters would be honourable enough to stick it out even if they're getting hammered but I've run enough tournaments now to know there's not much you can do if someone conveniently didn't understand the rules all of a sudden and rage sacks. It's not always newbies either. Plenty of vets have suffered bouts of "confusion" after a losing streak so I'll just cross my fingers. 

In theory I like the idea of a deposit that you don't get back if you bail but in practice I can't be arsed to chase people for money. I'd rather just keep things easy going as this is just supposed to be a fun, little throwaway tournament to keep us busy and entertained. Ideal tournament for those that want more to do in game (fight every other day) and not recommended if you're aiming for the #1 manager spot during this. 

Perhaps Highland could be of some help here? What do we feel is a fair minimum contract offer for a fighter with 13 fights under their belt? If there is a consensus on a minimum contract structure that would help encourage a fighter to stick around for all 13 fights then Highland will commit to offer that as a minimum to all fighters who complete the tournament. If we don't feel a contract offer is a good enticement then perhaps a signing bonus paid directly to each manager who sticks it out regardless of their record? 

Highland is prepared to help in any way we can to make this tournament a success. We obviously have vested interested as it would create a potential pool of up to 20 fighters who hopefully would be in search of a home to continue their career against fellow 25 year olds. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, NorthernZombie said:

Perhaps Highland could be of some help here? What do we feel is a fair minimum contract offer for a fighter with 13 fights under their belt? If there is a consensus on a minimum contract structure that would help encourage a fighter to stick around for all 13 fights then Highland will commit to offer that as a minimum to all fighters who complete the tournament. If we don't feel a contract offer is a good enticement then perhaps a signing bonus paid directly to each manager who sticks it out regardless of their record? 

Highland is prepared to help in any way we can to make this tournament a success. We obviously have vested interested as it would create a potential pool of up to 20 fighters who hopefully would be in search of a home to continue their career against fellow 25 year olds. 

Forgot about Highland actually. Good to know any potentially spicy fighter rolls could have a place to ply their trade after the tournament. 

I honestly don't think anything is a good incentive for the type of person that rage sacks a fighter mid way through a tournament. It's just who they are. Nothing reasonable is going to keep them going. All we can do is hope there are non among us lol. 

Not that it matters but I don't think we're going to get the maximum 20 fighters anyway. Interest seems to have capped out at 10 which will still work fine. 

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, NorthernZombie said:

If you still need another then ill join

More the merrier! You're in

And with that, creation is OPEN. 

25 YEAR OLD CREATIONS AND MUST BE 170LBS

You can test if you like but the deadline to get signed will be the end of Sunday 26th November (1 Week Away)

Anyone not accepted contracts by the following day, the tournament will move on without them. 

Cheers all. Any questions just ask

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jersey said:

2 hours ago, EEPUS said:

51 minutes ago, Rei said:

Balls of steel. Contracts incoming

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Couple more days to go until the testing cut off and then we can get this massacre started. 

Long shot but there's still a few spots open for any last minute entrants. Can't imagine being five days behind would make much difference for a 25 year old creation. If you feel active and have the time running up to Christmas come get involved!