MMATycoon 2.0

Vlad

Hello fellow Managers!

I’m Vlad, the latest addition to the MMATycoon team!

I've been talking to Mike about buying a stake in MMA Tycoon for some time and we've just signed off on a 50% buy-in which sees me coming on board full-time as lead developer.

My job will be to turbocharge all areas of our beloved game with over a decade’s worth of software development experience. We’re talking a total overhaul: Faster, slicker, and more fleshed out across the board.

My focus will be to create new features and modernized classics with a vision of kick-starting the dawn of MMATycoon 2.0!

Since 2011, I’ve been on Tycoon – from leading my own orgs to selling avatars and clothing. My journey’s had its ups and downs but I keep coming back for more of this timeless managerial experience. Now it's time for me to get involved and make it even better :D

🌐 The MMATycoon 2.0 Vision:
We’re shifting the game’s guts to a sleek new PHP framework with a total site redesign.

• Smoother gameplay
  • Mobile Friendly
  • Lightning-fast performance
  • And awesome features and content.

🛠 What’s in It for You?
While we’re busy crafting MMATycoon 2.0, we’re not leaving the current game in the dust. Expect continuous upgrades – cleaner looks, snappier actions and fresh features rolling out, all while we will run dual versions to make the switch seamless. The old ways are making way for a new era, and you’ll start seeing changes sooner than you think.

Timeline?
The initial phase of cloning the site in our new tech wonderland will take a few months, followed by a phase dedicated to design and functional evolution.

🔄 So, We Just Wait?
Hell no! Got questions and ideas? We'll have a new section in the forum for discussions and we'll be keeping you up to date on all the developments as they go.

Welcome to the start of MMA Tycoon 2.0! 💪

• Like 11
  • Upvote 7

• Vlad pinned this topic

Hello, does this mean that we keep the current game, but there will be another server/second version of this game? Or does this mean that the current game will work on multiple platforms and be more optimised? 

Either way, welcome aboard! 

• Like 1

@Mentor - all the same game, no second server etc... Just a total revamp of the site and code to bring it up to the next level. You never know in future about a second server but that's not in the immediate plans. 

I'll be sending out a mass mail welcoming Vlad on board in a min... I'm very happy to have him on board and I'm sure you guys all will be too, when you see the updates start rolling out :D

• Like 4
  • Upvote 5

2 minutes ago, MMATycoon said:

@Mentor - all the same game, no second server etc... Just a total revamp of the site and code to bring it up to the next level. You never know in future about a second server but that's not in the immediate plans. 

I'll be sending out a mass mail welcoming Vlad on board in a min... I'm very happy to have him on board and I'm sure you guys all will be too, when you see the updates start rolling out :D

Sounds great! Do you guys have any sorts of ideas about what exactly will be added right now or will it just be about speed and efficiency? You said you’ll be listening to some other players suggestions, but do you have some things you are already planning to put in?

Happy to see some planned upgrades and a revamp. I think speeding up the time it takes to develop a fighter from 18yo prospect to Elite across the board should be at the top of the priority list and would go along way in helping to keep players engaged and retaining new players for longer than a month or so. Would also help in leveling out the playing field between a new manager and managers that have been around for years and have a full orster of fully developed fighters. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Fireballer34 said:

Sounds great! Do you guys have any sorts of ideas about what exactly will be added right now or will it just be about speed and efficiency? You said you’ll be listening to some other players suggestions, but do you have some things you are already planning to put in?

We will be rolling out a road map of the changes we have planned over the coming weeks, they will encompass changes that users have asked for as well as some fundamental improvements to areas of the game so keep an eye out for that - for now, I can't reveal anymore :)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CelticStryder said:

Happy to see some planned upgrades and a revamp. I think speeding up the time it takes to develop a fighter from 18yo prospect to Elite across the board should be at the top of the priority list and would go along way in helping to keep players engaged and retaining new players for longer than a month or so. Would also help in leveling out the playing field between a new manager and managers that have been around for years and have a full orster of fully developed fighters. 

We have a few plans that we will be revealing with our road map - one of them touches on fighter training so more on that soon :)

1 hour ago, Fireballer34 said:

Also, you said managers can earn vip via bug reports. For non vip managers, I don’t think they want to be given like 5 days vip then it be over. Can there be a way they can store their vip until they have enough that they actually want to use it?

I don't mind pooling VIP days for the Non-VIP managers - there would have to be a cut-off as it might become tricky to micromanage but how does 30 days sound?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Vlad said:

We have a few plans that we will be revealing with our road map - one of them touches on fighter training so more on that soon :)

I don't mind pooling VIP days for the Non-VIP managers - there would have to be a cut-off as it might become tricky to micromanage but how does 30 days sound?

👍

this was all so sudden, how long has this been going on for in secret?

This sounds great, maybe the only viable way forward to have this game prosper again instead of dying. I've been saying Mike should sell the game rather than have it die, happy to see a solution where he is still around.

Technical improvements, ok nice. But what is your vision on overall game design?

And working on all the code especially the fight engine, does that mean your days as a player is over?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Welcome on board Vlad.

If it hasn't already been done do read the suggestions in the forum, some from way back are still good ideas.

Lots of QOL fixes, and I would like to see big improvements to companies, right now it feels largely useless to run a Nutrition company, a start would be lowering the amount of days supps last for and increasing the amount of stock you can buy per month to at least allow them to function better for laundry services.

Split KT records from MMA records along with the hype fix.

Reduce the energy drain & injury days of KT so as to pitch KT between MMA & Grappling in the "difficulty stakes"' then the game has a nice smooth transition from starting out with grappling as a "Beginner Mode" , moving into KT "Intermediate Mode" & ultimately MMA as "Hardcore Mode" - this could encourage players to stick around more with a bit of supporting text/info to break them into the game a little more easily.

Maybe if there is time later on add a boxing ruleset but only if there is an "enhanced" slider section just for the boxing to add more control / variety to that part of the stand up game, players have run a lot of tournaments and boxing ones were popular even if they are a bit too simplistoc at present slider-wise to have ORGs dedicated to that ruleset an expanded stand up slider section could add a lot of value.

18 minutes ago, jjsquirrel said:

This sounds great, maybe the only viable way forward to have this game prosper again instead of dying. I've been saying Mike should sell the game rather than have it die, happy to see a solution where he is still around.

Technical improvements, ok nice. But what is your vision on overall game design?

And working on all the code especially the fight engine, does that mean your days as a player is over?

We will be modernising the game design, the current design is stuck in the early 2010s so we will be bringing a designer on board at some point to improve all areas of the game both from a visual and functional perspective. I want to stay true to the design we all know and love so don't expect it to look radically different - expect an overhaul, improved mobile optimisation and cleaner, more aesthetically pleasing pages.

That is the life that I have signed up for. Having access to the fight engine puts me at a unique advantage even if I never look at it so with that in mind I will not be eligible to pursue the #1 rank in the game. Still, I will be fielding companies and perhaps a few fighters here and there to stay in tune with the game and the challenges of being a player.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Skuzbukit said:

Welcome on board Vlad.

If it hasn't already been done do read the suggestions in the forum, some from way back are still good ideas.

Lots of QOL fixes, and I would like to see big improvements to companies, right now it feels largely useless to run a Nutrition company, a start would be lowering the amount of days supps last for and increasing the amount of stock you can buy per month to at least allow them to function better for laundry services.

Split KT records from MMA records along with the hype fix.

Reduce the energy drain & injury days of KT so as to pitch KT between MMA & Grappling in the "difficulty stakes"' then the game has a nice smooth transition from starting out with grappling as a "Beginner Mode" , moving into KT "Intermediate Mode" & ultimately MMA as "Hardcore Mode" - this could encourage players to stick around more with a bit of supporting text/info to break them into the game a little more easily.

Maybe if there is time later on add a boxing ruleset but only if there is an "enhanced" slider section just for the boxing to add more control / variety to that part of the stand up game, players have run a lot of tournaments and boxing ones were popular even if they are a bit too simplistoc at present slider-wise to have ORGs dedicated to that ruleset an expanded stand up slider section could add a lot of value.

Definitely a lot of merit to your suggestions - we have archived the existing suggestions and bug reports in favour of a fresh start, would you mind creating a few threads for the above and any older suggestions you think would be worthwhile looking at with a fresh pair of eyes and we'll take them from there? 😀

Is there a way that you could add a section in game for those suggestions? Lots of managers don’t use the forums and they might have good suggestions. And good luck getting 15 upvotes in these forums. Would be nice so anyone in game could view all the suggestions and upvote them if they liked them instead of having to come to forums.

4 minutes ago, Fireballer34 said:

Is there a way that you could add a section in game for those suggestions? Lots of managers don’t use the forums and they might have good suggestions. And good luck getting 15 upvotes in these forums. Would be nice so anyone in game could view all the suggestions and upvote them if they liked them instead of having to come to forums.

15 upvotes are just for the notifications we receive - we will be actively perusing the forums to provide feedback as and when!